Everyone is so excited about October and fall and Halloween, and those are all cool. But personally? If I can’t have summer, bring on the holiday season! I don’t like the cold and snow is only pretty for a little while, but festive is fun and then we start the new year – and that eventually brings back summer. Win, win!
Introductions are hard, and I really want to go read and bake my dog’s birthday cupcakes* so let’s just dive in. 🙂
*Tucker turns six years old tomorrow!
I managed to read fourteen books last month, and for the most part they were all very good. There were even four additions to my favorites list, something I’ve noticed has become harder as the year progressed.
If you’d like more details, reviews for all of these can be found on my Goodreads.
- Final Draft by Riley Redgate – 4.5 stars
- The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano – 4 stars
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez – 3 stars
- Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi – 2 stars
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi – 4 stars
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – 4.5 stars
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire – 4.5 stars
- You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon – 5 stars
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw – 2.5 stars
- American Panda by Gloria Chao – 4.5 stars
- The Navigator’s Touch by Julia Ember – 4.5 stars
- Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire – 5 stars
- Chainbreaker by Tara Sim – 5 stars
- Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee – 4 stars
The underlined titles are my Prideathon wrap up, which took place in the last week of September; the bold are my favorites of the month.
October is going to be a busy month for me at school and I might be getting my first job, so it’s definitely unreasonable to put twenty books on my TBR for the month…so I definitely did it anyway.
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead
- This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis
- Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi
- Brooding YA Hero by Carrie Ann DiRisio
- That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand
- The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
- Like Water by Rebecca Podos
- Beyond the Red by Ava Jae
- Sadie by Courtney Summers (out)
- I Do Not Trust You by Melissa Metz + Laura Burns (out)
- Firestarter by Tara Sim (January 15, 2019)
Spice Up The Shelf (my new book club):
- Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi (October 16)
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli + Adam Silvera (October 9)
- The Devil’s Thief by Lisa Maxwell (October 9)
- Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas (October 23)
Tell me: how many books did you read last month? Any new favorites? What’s on your TBR this month? I’d love to know! 🙂
Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…