After two weeks away, I’m back! School is already proving to be a challenge, but luckily my reading life hasn’t completely disappeared. Blogging is something else entirely, but we’re not going to talk about that.
I think I’m going to start condensing my wrap ups and TBR/releases posts into one, because
I’m lazy I don’t know how often I’ll be posting anymore. I know I’m not giving up on Heir of Glitter, but that’s about it. I’ll figure something out. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
So, because there are a lot of books to talk about, let’s get right to it!
I didn’t read as much as I usually do, but I’m still happy with what I managed.
All reviews can be found on my Goodreads!
- Meg & Linus by Hanna Nowinksi – 5 stars
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde – 5 stars
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart – 2 stars [ARC, out Sept. 12, DNF]
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee – 5 stars
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han – 5 stars
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy – 4.5 stars
- Warcross by Marie Lu – 5 stars [ARC, out Sept. 12]
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – 4 stars
- Enemy Exposure by Meghan Rogers – 5 stars [I NEED THE THIRD BOOK BUT THERE MIGHT NOT BE ONE #booknerdproblems]
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner – 3.5 stars
As you can see, I had a pretty good month! I think my favorites would have to be Queens of Geek, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, and Warcross. 😀
That puts me at 91/80 on my Goodreads challenge, or 114% done! I’m excited to see how far ahead I can get in the remaining months of the year. 😉
There’s not much of anything to put here, but for old times’ sake I’ll acknowledge I wrote at least a few things.
- July Recap (The One Where I Did Nothing and Loved It)
- Looking to August
- Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag
- My Favorite Books of the Year So Far
- The Netflix Book Tag
… Moving on.
I don’t really have anything to say, because with the start of school any trace of a social life I might’ve had basically disappeared. I’m still looking for it.
OH! I’m really pumped for Taylor Swift’s new album, Reputation. That doesn’t come out for over two months, but I’m still super excited. And her new single is my new favorite thing! 😀
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time! The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama. Not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma. I’m done now.
I have a very loose TBR this month, because I’ve got a lot of books I want/need to read and I’m not sure which ones I’ll get to. But nonetheless, here’s my tentative list.
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza [currently reading]
- Noteworthy by Riley Redgate
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
- It’s Not Like It’s a Secret by Misa Sugiura
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin
- In 27 Days by Alison Gervais
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- A Night Divided by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- A Messy, Beautiful Life by Sara Jade Alan
- A Beautiful Poison by Lydia Kang
- The Coffins of Little Hope by Timothy Schaffert
- The Phantom Limbs of the Rollow Sisters by Timothy Schaffert
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Included in that are a lot of library books, an ARC, a pre-order, and books I’ve been borrowing from a friend for nearly two months and would like to return soon. Oops. May the odds be ever in my favor, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
September is a wild month for YA. I’ve got 18 books I’m anticipating, and I know there’s more that I’m not including.
- Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows (Sept. 12)
- Click’d by Tamara Ireland Stone (Sept. 7)
- The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (Sept. 5)
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson (Sept. 26) *
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart (Sept. 6)
- The Girl with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke (Sept. 1) *
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust (Sept. 5) *
- If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Sept. 5)
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin (Sept. 26)
- Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore (Sept. 19)
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo (Sept. 26)
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (Sept. 12)
- One Dark Throne by Kendare (Sept. 19) *
- Rebel Seoul by Axie Oh (Sept. 15)
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman (Sept. 26)
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (Sept. 5)
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas (Sept. 5) *
- Warcross by Marie Lu (Sept. 12) *
Whew, that took a long time to type out.
The titles with an asterisk are the ones I’m especially excited for! 😀
How many books did you read in August? Any new favorites? What books are you hoping to read this month? What releases are you excited for? Let’s chat! I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m off to continue reading Empress of a Thousand Skies and enjoy the rest of my long weekend. 😉 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…