Yeah, this is a few days late. But better late than never, right? Honestly I’m just happy to be back on a regular posting schedule. 😉
You’d think that with school coming up, I’d give myself a small TBR. But either I’m still stuck on the fact that I read 20 books last month or I like giving myself overly ambitious goals, because my TBR is anything but small. Oops.
I have nothing else to say, so let’s dive right in!
Between my own purchases, my mass request of library books, and my generous friend, I have 20 books on my TBR. So that’s a thing.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi
- Meg and Linus by Hanna Nowinski [read]
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- Enemy Exposure by Meghan Rogers
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee [currently reading]
- Half Wild by Sally Green
- Half Lost by Sally Green
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde [read]
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman
- Warcross by Marie Lu [ARC]
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin [ARC]
- In 27 Days by Alison Gervais
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart [read, ARC]
I’ve also got a hold on Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard at my library and a pending request for The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin on Netgalley, so those may or may not make it onto the list as well.
Basically, my TBR for this month consists of ARCs and books I should’ve read ages ago. Although since school starts in about a week in a half, I most likely won’t get to all of these. But you better believe I’m going to put in a valiant effort. 😉
This month is considerably calmer in terms of releases, which is good because next month is nonstop books. I mean, between September 5th and 12th alone there are easily 20 books coming out. Maybe more. For now, there are only six on my radar.
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee, August 8th – This is everyone’s new favorite book and I need it in my life.
- Little and Lion by Brandy Colbert, August 8th – I don’t know much about this one, but people seem to like it so I want it. 😛
- A Map for Wrecked Girls by Jessica Taylor, August 15th – It’s got a pretty cover and it’s all over my Instagram feed..? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller, August 29th – A genderfluid thief and assassin… give it to me! Yes, please!
- The Rattled Bones by S.M. Parker, August 22nd – This sounds like a really unique paranormal mystery/thriller and I’m looking forward to it, although I haven’t seen many people talking about it.
- The Tiger’s Watch by Julia Ember, August 22nd – I got an eARC of this book and desperately need a physical copy in my life. I want to have the beautiful cover on my shelf and hold the very first book to have my name in the acknowledgements (!!!). This book is absolutely amazing and you all need it. It’s got a genderfluid protagonist and magical animal bonds. ❤ [Trigger warning: graphic violence]
What books are you hoping to read this month? What book releases are you looking forward to? Are any of yours on my list? Let’s chat! I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m off to eat breakfast and finish The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue. 🙂 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…