2017 is going by too quickly. Slow down, please. And the books also need to slow down. I mean, it’s great that so many amazing books are coming out, but my TBR and my wallet need a break. #booknerdproblems
This month is my first and only month free of school, so I have a lot I want to read. I was hoping the releases would relax a bit before the avalanche of them in August and September, but no. This means both lists are fairly long. So without further ado, let’s dive in!
My goal is to read the rest of the books from my birthday haul and do a couple of buddy reads. 😉
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (1st reread) – I actually just finished this on Saturday. One book down already! Go me! 😛
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (eARC, out September 12) – I’m currently reading this and it’s good so far. I don’t like the main character very much, though. Copy courtesy of Netgalley.
- Unhinged by A.G. Howard – I was planning to read this at the end of June, but then I had a rough morning and decided to reread my favorite fluffy trilogy instead. So now I’ll finally continue the trilogy.
- Ensnared by A.G. Howard – I really hope I liked the second book, because I’ll read this one regardless. I bought it so my set of the trilogy would be complete, and I don’t want to leave a book on my shelf unread.
- Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (buddy read with Erika) – She hasn’t read Grave Mercy yet, but I hope she likes it. I’m kind of sad this one and the third are smaller than the first, but I’m sure I’ll love it just as much. At least, I really hope I do.
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers – This might be another buddy read with Erika, but I don’t know yet. If the first two books work out and she’s able to get a copy of this one this month, then definitely. Otherwise I’ll finish the trilogy on my own. 😉
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (buddy read with Erika and Ava) – I need to get a copy of this one next weekend for our buddy read the following week, but I’m really excited already. We’ve made it a habit to read Schwab books together, and I think this one will be fun. I’m also kind of scared because people say it’s heartbreaking, but oh well. Bring it on.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – I got a sampler of this at BookCon last year, and I’m pretty sure I enjoyed it. I’m excited to see if I like this as much as I liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone. 🙂
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – This one needs no explanation. It’s everyone’s new favorite fluffy read, and I absolutely cannot wait to get to it. 😀
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi – My hold at the library came in on Saturday and I’m so happy to finally get to this! I’ve been waiting since I read The Star-Touched Queen in December and everyone loves it. I need it in my liiiiife.
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour – This also came in for me at the library! It’s my first of Nina’s books and I’m curious to see if it’ll live up to the hype.
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn – My library is holding a summer reading contest and I got to choose three prizes because of how much I’ve already read. Somehow they had an ARC of this book, and I just had to grab it! I can’t believe my luck! 🙂
Another month of so many releases. It’s a blessing and a curse, to be honest. And as per usual, I don’t know much of anything about these books, so this time I’ll spare you from the awkward lack of details. 😛
- Because You Love to Hate Me by Ameriie, et al (7/11)
- The Color Project by Sierra Abrams (7/18)
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (7/25)
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West (7/25)
- The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy (7/4)
- The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana (7/18)
- What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum (7/11)
- First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy (7/25)
- Little Monsters by Kara Thomas (7/25)
- Enigma by Tonya Kuper (7/3) – I got an eARC of this and it was absolutely worth the long wait. If you like sci-fi, action, and romance, check out the first book Anomaly!
- In 27 Days by Alison Gervais (7/25)
- Love and Other Alien Experiences by Kerry Winfrey (7/11)
How many books are you hoping to read this month? Have you read any of the books on my list? What releases are you looking forward to? Let’s chat! I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m taking part in a personal 24-hour readathon with Erika today, so I’m off to finish Nyxia and hopefully start Unhinged as well. 🙂 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night, and happy (early) Independence Day to all my fellow Americans! ❤
Until next time…