We’re halfway through 2017. I have six weeks left until school starts again. When did this happen? Everything is going by so quickly and it needs to slow down. Six months from today we’ll be preparing to bring in 2018 and that’s just unbelievable.
Anyway, that’s not what this is all about! You know how it goes. I’m happy to say that June has been one of my best months this year! April was bad, May was good, and June was even better. On that happy note, let’s dive in!
I read a grand total of 12 books this month and I’m so proud of that. 😀
All reviews can be found on my Goodreads.
- Poison’s Kiss by Breeana Shields – 3 stars
- Half Bad by Sally Green – 3.5 stars
- Starflight by Melissa Landers – 4.5 stars
- Roseblood by A.G. Howard – 2 stars (DNF)
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare – 5 stars
- The Tiger’s Watch by Julia Ember – 5 stars (eARC, out August 22)
- The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember – 4 stars (TW for rape, trans misogyny, and harmful genderfluid rep)
- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan – 4.5 stars
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – 5 stars (1st reread)
- Girl on the Verge by Pintip Dunn – 5 stars (eARC, out now) (TW for abuse, domestic violence, suicide, self-harm, and sexual harassment)
- Enigma by Tonya Kuper – 5 stars (eARC, out July 3) (TW for anxiety)
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – 3.5 stars (1st reread)
I think this month was pretty successful! My favorites were Lord of Shadows, Anna and the French Kiss, Girl on the Verge, and Enigma. Honestly, the last two deserve so much more love, because they’re amazing and sadly under the radar. Check them out! ❤
This puts me at 61/80 on my Goodreads challenge. I’m 76% done and, by some miracle, 22 books ahead of schedule. 😀
After this goes up, I’ll be starting two books to take me into July: Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (eARC, out September 12) and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins, which I’ll be rereading for the first time. 🙂
This post excluded, I wrote 5 this month. It’s still not great, but better than my 3 last month. Slowly but surely making progress!
- Looking to June (This is Longer Than I Thought)
- A High School Girl’s Thoughts on College
- My Sassy 16 Birthday Book Haul
- How Blogging Has Changed Me
- What I Want to See More of in YA
All of these have gotten great responses in the comments and that makes me so happy! I love interacting with all of you. 🙂
This month was simultaneously boring and eventful. Boring because now that it’s summer I’ve been lounging around, doing nothing except reading and watching YouTube videos, and eventful because, well:
- I survived 12 mornings of summer school PE.
- I turned 16.
- I did the remaining 6 AP assignments for school next year.
- I made a Netgalley.
- I was working on a secret project that I’ll hopefully be able to announce in July.
When I list it like that, it doesn’t seem like a lot. But in reality, that and the personal issues I’ve been dealing with, it made for a bit of a hectic month.
Also, as this is the first year I identified as queer (biromantic and asexual), I also took part in Pride Month as more than just an ally. I didn’t do anything special and I couldn’t buy LGBTQ+ books after my big birthday haul, but whatever. Those are technicalities. 😉
How many books did you read this month? What were your favorites? Did you do anything fun/interesting? Let’s chat! I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m off to start reading my next two books and, most likely, get distracted by Super Mario 3D World videos on YouTube. 😛 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…