Same post, different title. And my wrap up is its own post again, rather than combined with my June TBR and anticipated releases post. April’s was really rushed, if I’m being honest, because I just wasn’t feeling it. But this month is back to normal! Or, as normal as I can be. Normal is boring.
That was a mess of an intro. But in all honesty, this month was immensely better than April and I’m so grateful. I have high hopes that June will be just as good. Now let’s dive into this post! 😉
I read a total of 11 books this month, almost double my meager 6 * last month.
* If 6 is your average or a lot for you, that’s totally okay. For me, personally, 6 isn’t very many.
All reviews can be found on my Goodreads.
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton – 5 stars (read #4)
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – 5 stars **
- 1984 by George Orwell – 1.5 stars (for school)
- Anomaly by Tonya Kuper – 4.5 stars (read #2)
- Wires & Nerve by Marissa Meyer + illustrated by Douglas Holgate – 5 stars
- The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig – 3.5 stars
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow – 4 stars (trigger warning: suicide, self-harm, substance abuse, attempted rape, and more)
- Splintered by A.G. Howard – 4.5 stars
- Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs + illustrated by Andrew Davidson – 3.5 stars
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco – 4 stars
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – 5 stars
My favorites were definitely ACOWAR and Grave Mercy. I just finished the latter about two hours ago and binged it in two days because I was determined to finish it before June. It’s amazing. I think it’s the start of an obsession on the same level as Vampire Academy and Bloodlines, if that tells you anything. *heart eyes*
I’m currently at 49/80 on my Goodreads challenge, or 61%. Although on my profile it says 48/80, and I’m not sure what caused that. I know what’s real, so it’s okay. And regardless, I’m still somehow 16 books ahead of schedule. (15 on GR.)
** I’m aware of the problematic aspects throughout the book, and they’re highlighted in my review, along with an explanation of my rating.
My posting … wasn’t as good. This one excluded, I only wrote 3 posts, mainly because I spent the first half of the month on hiatus. But at least I’m getting back into posting, right? 😉
So, yeah, I guess that’s the end of this section.
I’M FINALLY ON SUMMER BREAK.
Ahem. I’m really excited, can you tell?
But in all seriousness, I’m on summer break. I survived finals and even got good grades on all but one (though people say my standards are too high), and now I’m done until August.
Well, almost. Tomorrow is my first day of summer school, and as much as I don’t like the idea, I thought 12 three hour sessions was better than a whole semester. * It goes until June 16th, and will probably be the longest two weeks of my life, but I’ll persevere.
* It’s a PE class. I forgot to mention that.
That being said, I might miss a day or two of posting while that’s going on. Summer school is three hours each morning, and I also have summer reading assignments to do for the AP class I’m taking next year. I’ve got 2/8 done at the moment, and if everything works out I can write a post and work on those on alternating days so that they’ll be done by the time school is. Hopefully that makes sense.
I know it isn’t interesting, but I wanted you all to know just in case something comes up and I miss a post. 😉
Now for something that I personally find much more exciting…
MY BIRTHDAY IS NEXT WEEK!
Next Monday, to be specific. I turn 16, and it feels so weird but also exciting. I’m not looking forward to going to school on my birthday, but I get to go on a huge book shopping spree afterward, so it’s okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How many books did you read this month? What was your favorite? Did you do anything fun/interesting? Let’s chat! I’d love to hear your thoughts! 🙂
I’m off to find a new book to read and enjoy my last day of full freedom for a while. 😛 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…