I’m not officially returning from my hiatus. Not yet. But I didn’t want to miss these posts, because honestly they’re the one feature I’ve kept consistent. Even though I’m doing them a bit differently today, as one longer post rather than two shorter ones, I’m getting them up. 😉
April has been my worst month of the year so far. It wasn’t bad, but it was by far my weakest. Compared to previous months, I read less, blogged less, and generally just did less than I have all year. I know it could’ve been worse, and because it wasn’t it’s technically still a good month, but what can I say? I’m naturally hard on myself.
So let’s this party started.
(It’s really not a party.)
I read a grand total of 6 books this month.
All reviews can be found on my Goodreads.
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones – 3.5 stars
- What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum – 5 stars (ARC, out 7/11)
- Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, et al – 4.5 stars
- Tiger’s Quest by Colleen Houck – 3.5 stars
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – 5 stars
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh – 4 stars
My favorites were What to Say Next and The Hate U Give. I flew through both in 2-3 days. I can’t recommend them enough. ❤
I’m currently at 38/80 books on my Goodreads challenge. 😉
This post excluded, I wrote 6 posts this month. I’m really on a roll, aren’t I? >.<
(Sorry, my sarcasm is out today, hahah.)
- April TBR & Anticipated Releases
- 9 Books That Have Been on My TBR for a Long Time
- 12 of My Favorite Fictional Friendships
- Discussion: Autistic Characters
- 10 Love Interests I Didn’t Love
- A Personal Announcement
And after that last post, I finally went on an official hiatus, because I didn’t want to stress over writing posts when I didn’t even like my writing. More on that in my announcement post, if you’re interested, because I don’t feel like writing it again and I’m sure you guys don’t feel like reading it again. XD
I’m only including this section for one reason, because exactly one thing worth mentioning happened this month.
I got my braces off! I had them on for a little under two years, around 22 months. It was a bit painful and felt really weird, but I’m so happy to have them off! And I’m finally getting used to my retainer, two weeks later.
There’s me right after I got my braces off. I’m not posting a before picture, though if you really want to find one you could probably find it in the deep, dark depths of my Twitter profile. 😛
I have a really small TBR for May because I’ve read all but two of the books in my possession. Well, one won’t be mine until May 2, but you know what I mean. Hopefully I’ll be going to either the library or the bookstore some time next month.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
- The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
One sequel and one finale. I know one will crush my heart and soul, and I’m hoping the other one doesn’t. 🙂
And this is where the post gets long. There are 16 books releasing in May that I’m excited for. Good thing my birthday is coming up and I’m getting a job soon. XD
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – 5/2
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han – 5/2
- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan – 5/2
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman – 5/2
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake – 5/2
- Noteworthy by Riley Redgate – 5/2
- The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember – 5/4
- It’s Not Like It’s a Secret by Misa Sugiura – 5/9
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy – 5/9
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich – 5/16
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh – 5/16
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare – 5/23
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia – 5/30
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo – 5/30
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus – 5/30
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – 5/30
How many books did you read this month? How many are you hoping to read in May? What are some releases you’re excited for? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I’m off to continue reading Flame in the Mist before my choir concert in a few hours. 🙂 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Edit, 10 hours later: My choir concert is done and I’ve finished Flame in the Mist, so now I’m going to play Splatoon before bed. Tomorrow I’ll probably start a reread of The Outsiders while waiting for ACOWAR to arrive. 😀
Until next time… (which is hopefully soon)