This post was supposed to include a recipe for cute, pink Anna and the French Kiss-inspired sugar cookies, but that didn’t work. They’re pink, but my decorating skills were nonexistent yesterday, so…
Anyway, this post is a personal one, and something I’ve been thinking about for a while. I’ll try to keep it short and sweet, but no promises. You all know I ramble. So, that being said, let’s get into it.
I won’t talk too much about my reasons, because you can find plenty in previous updates and the start of my recent posts. Instead I’ll just say it.
I’ve decided to take a hiatus.
I didn’t want to just disappear on you guys, so this is my attempt at writing an explanation post. Again, I don’t want to say too much about my personal reasons, since I’ve already done a lot of that. But for those that might not know, here’s a little list.
- School has been really overbearing, especially with barely over twenty days left and finals approaching.
- I’ve had personal troubles. Most days are just emotionally draining, and … yeah. Let’s leave it at that. I’m okay, it’s just difficult to talk about.
On top of that, it’s been challenging just to write a post. It feels like any time I try, one of three things happens.
- I don’t have any ideas to write about, so I put it off. Why write if I’m not passionate about the topic?
- I have ideas, but no motivation to turn them into posts. I try and don’t like anything I write. Why bother?
- I have a stressful/sad/etc. day and don’t want to write because then those emotions will transfer to my posts. Who wants to read unhappy posts?
Honestly, it’s taking effort for me to not erase all of this, because I feel like I shouldn’t bother putting these feelings online. But I won’t, because you guys deserve knowing what’s going on with me and my blog.
I’m not leaving my blog, just taking a break. I don’t know how long I’ll be gone. I’ll most likely come back next week for a wrap up post, but I’m not sure if I’ll return then. If I do, I’ll also leave for a short time to read A Court of Wings and Ruin, because it’s my most anticipated release of the year. If unfortunately it lasts through the end of school, hopefully summer will give me the time and inspiration I need to really return.
I think that’s everything. I’ll stop now, to make sure this stays brief like I said it would be. Thanks in advance for understanding, and I hope to be back and posting regularly again soon. ❤
I’m off to finish watching Hairspray (2007) and continue reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas before bed. 🙂 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…