We all have books that we’ve wanted to read forever and just haven’t gotten around to it. It’s not really something to be proud of (although if you are, awesome!), but it happens to all of us. So today I decided to share 9 of mine! * I added these within the first 2-3 months I joined Goodreads, in July 2015.
* There’s not really a reason behind me choosing 9 other than the fact that I haven’t written a list of 9 in a long time, if ever. Don’t judge me. XD
I feel like I should say more, but I don’t know what else to say… let’s get started!
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West, added July 12, 2015.
I actually could’ve read this in July of last year when I was lucky enough to find it at Barnes & Noble, but that was in the middle of my newfound Vampire Academy obsession so I bought Blood Promise instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Open Road Summer by Emery Lord, added July 17, 2015.
I don’t even remember what this one is about, to be quite honest. It looks like a fluffy read, but it could actually be really heartbreaking. I have no idea.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer, added July 17, 2015.
In my defense, this one only came out about 5 months ago. But I passed it up at Barnes & Noble in favor of getting other books multiple times, and the one time I went in with the intention of buying it, the only copy left had a broken spine. It legitimately creaked when you opened it. *cringe*
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, added July 18, 2015.
I’ve heard this one is really sad, and since I like to see if sad books will affect me to the same extent as they do others, of course I wanted to read it. And yet, I haven’t.
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers, added July 23, 2015. (His Fair Assassin #1)
I think this one is about an assassin girl raised by nuns, or something along that line? I could be wrong, though. It could be about an assassin that rides a teal unicorn. Although it probably isn’t, and someone really should write that because I need it in my life. Please and thank you. 😉
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins, added August 5, 2015. (Rebel Belle #1)
Once again, I have no idea what this is about. I know there are mixed reviews, particularly for the later books in the trilogy, but I want to read it anyway. Although I’m 84% sure I didn’t take it off my TBR because I liked the uniqueness of the cover. You know you’ve done it. 😉
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson, added September 4, 2015. (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1)
All I know is that this is a historical fiction about a girl that can sense gold in the ground, and I don’t even know if that’s 100% accurate. But I like the cover, and everyone seems to love this book, so I’m up for giving it a try.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, added December 8, 2015. (Strange the Dreamer #1)
I don’t feel too bad about this one, as it only came out a week and a half ago. The only reason it’s on here is because it’s been on my TBR for just about a year and a half. I’m going to try to get a copy soon, although I’m not sure when because I want to order the UK edition. Even if it doesn’t have the blue stained pages like the UK ARC does, I still like that cover more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, et al, added February 12, 2016. (Shadowhunter Chronicles companion novellas – don’t read unless you’ve completed The Mortal Instruments series)
This book is the only one on this list that I know will be taken off soon, because it’s on my TBR for the month. Granted, if my reading speed for the rest of the month is the same as it is now (aka really slow), I might not get to it. I’m really hoping I will, though. You all know I love everything related to the Shadowhunter Chronicles, so you can assume how eager I am to read this.
What books have been on your TBR for a long time? Do we have any in common? Have you read any of the books on this list? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I’m off to have ice cream and (finally) make a little more progress in Wintersong. 😀 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…