Normally these posts are long, with 6+ books for each category. Well, this month is the exception I didn’t expect, and there are only 6 total. >.<
But that’s not bad, not really. It means April will have fewer new book purchases to resist, right? Okay, maybe not. I’m not good at logic. Let’s dive in. 😛
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones – This is actually my current read. I’m only 80 pages in, but it’s intriguing so far. I’ve heard it’s a Labyrinth retelling, but I don’t know how accurate it may or may not be because I’ve never seen it. The cover is gorgeous, and I hope the story continues to match it. I’m liking the musical elements, and the writing is lyrical, something I always love.
- What We Say Next by Julie Buxbaum (out 7/11) – I was pleasantly surprised by this one when I got it in the mail a few days ago. I’ve been wanting to read her books for a while because Tell Me Three Things got such great reviews, and now I have a chance to. 🙂
- Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, et al – If you’ve been following me for any time at all, you’ll know how obsessed with any and all books related to Shadowhunters. I’ve had my eye on this bind-up since before it came out, though I wasn’t able to get my hands on a copy until February. This month I’m finally going to read it, and most likely love it as much as the other fans. 😀
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston (4/4) – This comes out tomorrow and I’m so excited! It’s a modern retelling of Cinderella, but follows a nerdy girl trying to secretly save money to go to a convention. I love the references on the cover, and honestly I can’t wait to get my hands on this.
- Meg & Linus by Hanna Nowinski (4/18) – I actually just found this book on Twitter about a week ago and decided to give it a try when it came out. Basically all I know is that it’s about two gay friends and one is trying to set the other up with another guy. It sounds like a fun read, and I’m hoping to get a copy as soon as I can.
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli (4/11) – This is easily my most anticipated release of the month. I read Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda late last year and loved it, so I need this one yesterday. Based on snippets online and reviews from those lucky enough to get early copies, it’s just as amazing. If I get one book on release day this month, I want it to be this one. 😉
What books do you want to read this month? Which releases are you excited for? Do we have any in common? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I just finished watching Hairspray, so I’m going to get ready for bed and then probably read a bit more of Wintersong. 😉 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…