As per usual I’m surprised that tomorrow is already the first of a new month, but I’ll save you all from that spiel. 228 other people have used it, I’m sure, and tonight I don’t particularly feel like echoing that for the 229th time. 😉
March was definitely my most … interesting month of 2017 so far. I had read a lot of books and nearly all of them were amazing, but school and personal life were just really stressful and tiring. Let’s get into the post, so I can explain in more detail.
Somehow I read 12 books this month. Well, actually, I know how. 4/12 were novellas, only around 150 collective pages, but they still count. 😉
All reviews can be found on my Goodreads!
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr – 4 stars (ARC, out 5/2)
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld – 3 stars
- When The Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore – 4.5 stars
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves – 4 stars (ARC, out 3/28)
- The Turn and The Flame by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- From the Journal of Vasilisa Dragomir by Richelle Mead
- The Meeting by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- Hello, My Name is Rose Hathaway by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – 4.5 stars (Are you happy now, Erika? Hahah.)
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, et al – 4.5 stars
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – 4.5 stars
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst – 5 stars (I just finished this a few hours ago, actually.)
All VA novellas mentioned can be found in the 10th anniversary paperback edition.
Needless to say, I did pretty well this month. I read all the books on my TBR except Vassa in the Night, which I decided not to read because of the creepy factors I’d heard of. #chicken 😄
As for favorites, I have to say that the VA novellas, My Lady Jane, and Of Fire and Stars are all tied for that position. If I absolutely had to pick, though, I’d probably say Of Fire and Stars. If you haven’t read it yet, DO IT. I promise, you won’t regret it. ❤
This means I’m up to 31/80 on my Goodreads challenge, so I’m 39% done and 12 books of schedule. YAY ME.
(Just kidding. Sort of.)
With the exception of this one, I wrote 10 posts in March. I’m proud of that, especially considering everything on my mind in the past few weeks.
- March TBR & Anticipated Releases
- 20 Books That Gave Me a Book Hangover
- Things I Do When I Could Be Reading // My Reading Routine
- Series I Wish Had More Books
- 11 Stand-Alone Books on My TBR
- A Brief Update and Possible Hiatus
- My Monday Musings #17 – Stress, Spring, and Small Joys
- Discussion: Am I Too Generous With My 5-Star Rating?
- What Do You Do When Your TBR is Huge? Add More Books!
- New Features on My Blog + How to Make Three Dark Crowns Cupcakes
I did get better at writing non-bookish posts… somewhat. I also was more sporadic with my posting the second half of the month due to personal stress. Either way, though, I think 10
(11, as you’re reading this) is good. 🙂 Also, I redesigned my blog and I love it!!
My Affinity articles were also suffering a bit. I completely spaced off and forgot to write one for this week, so that’s something I need to do this weekend. I did get three published despite that, and I don’t think any of them are bad. 😉
- What I’ve Learned Living With Someone That Has Anxiety – mental health
- The Significance of Strong Female Characters in Literature – feminism
- Why Internet Friendships Are Better Than Traditional – real life
Recently I’ve been struggling with ideas for both my blog and my articles, but I’m hoping that will be over soon enough. I want to get back to my regular writing schedule, and to looking forward about my next post. I keep telling myself April will be the time it happens, and maybe repeating it will make it true. Unlikely, but I can hope.
Things to note: a) I don’t have a very interesting life and b) once again, I’m writing this later than I should be. Because of those things, and my struggle to express in any form how I feel, I’m just going to make a brief list.
- I withdrew from the ACT prep and college program I applied for, due to being overwhelmed with how busy it would make me without even being accepted.
- There are ~38 school days left until summer and for some reason, since I got back from spring break, my classes have been unbelievably busy. Earlier this week I read 30 pages in two days because of the sheer amount of work I was assigned.
- I’ve been feeling emotionally burned out recently. My sister’s mental illness has been more prominent and my mom has been stressed trying to balance everything, so I’ve felt sort of stuck in the middle. Like I said, I have trouble expressing my thoughts, and I also worry about being an additional burden to my mom. I’ve been keeping a lot of things inside lately because I just don’t know how to get them out. It’s been rough, and having monotonous days and less reading time has definitely not helped.
- My inspiration for blogging has been sporadic throughout the month, as I’m sure you can tell. A couple of times I took a few days off because I didn’t feel up to it or have any ideas, and I’m working to make sure that doesn’t happen as much, if at all.
- But to end on a happier note… I got a camera last weekend! I’ve been wanting one for a while, and now I have one. It’s my big present for my sixteenth present, only a couple of months early because it was on sale. I have a Nikon Coolpix b500 in plum and I LOVE IT. ❤
- And finally, something I rarely ever mention… I’m just about at 500 followers on my bookstagram! I don’t care about numbers, but 500 is a considerable milestone and I’m really happy about it. Last time I checked I was at 499, but close enough. I might be at 500 now? Maybe I will be in the morning? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And that wraps up this wrap up! * How many books did you read this month? Which one was your favorite? Did you do anything interesting? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
* You have to be expecting this by now.
I’m off to bed, because I need sleep after not getting very much the past week. Then tomorrow I’m going to be sharing the April Fool’s Day love and also starting Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones. 😛 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night, and happy April! ❤
Until next time…