Hi guys, and happy February! 🙂
So far this month has been easygoing in terms of homework, and today I managed to finish it all at school. I mean, I still got distracted from writing this thanks to YouTube and Twitter, but it’s getting written now. That’s the important part, right? And it’s not even late. 😉
ANYWAY, that’s not the point of this post. If it was, the post would be really short and extremely boring. The point of this post is to share my TBR and anticipated releases for the month, though you almost surely figured that out due to the title. Neither list is quite as long as it was last month, though.
There are 6 books I want to read this month!
- Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton, #1 in the Tiny Pretty Things duology. I’m actually reading this now and am about 25% done. It’s an interesting read, with diverse characters and a story that’s new to me. This is my first read about ballet, if I remember correctly, and I like it so far. 🙂
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge, #1 in an untitled duology. I read Cruel Beauty by this author in early/mid-2015 and loved it, which is why I’m going to read this even though I despised Romeo & Juliet. It was on my October TBR last year, because it came out the same day as Crooked Kingdom, but, well… I never got to it. That will be fixed this month!
- The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead, #4 in the Bloodlines series. I’m hoping this arrives at my library sometime this month, because I read The Indigo Spell in the last week of January and loved it. I may or may not have a small obsession with the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series, and want to binge them all in a little bubble uninterrupted. Perfectly normal, right? 🙂
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab, #2 in the Shades of Magic trilogy. I still need to actually buy this one, but my goal is to obtain it before the release of A Conjuring of Light and read it with Erika and Ava. We did the same with A Darker Shade of Magic towards the end of January and I’m hoping to do it again. 😀
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley, stand-alone. According to the email I got a few days ago from Penguin Teen, this is currently on its way to me. I don’t know much about it, other than the basic synopsis being two childhood friends falling in love as they work in a bookstore together. It sounds adorable and I NEED IT NOW, THANKS. It comes out June 6th.
- Trusting You and Other Lies by Nicole Williams, stand-alone. I was surprised to come home to this on Tuesday, as Penguin gave no hints that it was coming. I know essentially nothing about this, but the synopsis says the main character is at summer camp with her family and that it’s recommended for fans of Stephanie Perkins. I don’t know if it’ll be as good as Anna and the French Kiss, but I’ll definitely give it a try. It comes out June 20th.
This month, there’s only 2. February seems to be the easy period between the rush of books in January and in March. I might pick up We Are Okay by Nina LaCour, but my focus is mainly on 2. 😉
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza, stand-alone. I actually had to go reread the synopsis to remind myself what this is about, and to be honest it sounds like a spin on The Winner’s Curse but in space. It sounds like an interesting story and the cover is really pretty, so I’m excited. It comes out on the 7th. 🙂
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, stand-alone. I think almost everyone is excited for this book, honestly. It’s an important story, and from what I’ve heard it’s extremely emotional too. It comes out on the 28th.
What books do you hope to read this month? What releases are you excited for? Do we have any in common? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I’m off to continue reading Tiny Pretty Things, and maybe do a bit of journaling before bed. 😛 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…