Hi guys! I know just about everyone has been saying this, but I honestly can’t believe it’s November. THERE ARE LIKE 8.5 WEEKS LEFT UNTIL 2017. Yeah… and also, I just want to say — I think I’m the only one not in full Christmas mode. XD
This will be a long post, so get something sweet and get comfy! (This can be your excuse to eat more sweet things. Though, really, do you need an excuse? I don’t.) 😉
I’m proud to say I read 9 books this month. 😀
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch – 5 stars
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – 5 stars
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith – 4½ stars
- Die for Me by Amy Plum – 5 stars
- The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski – 4 stars
- Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes – 5 stars
- We Are Still Tornadoes by Michael Kun & Susan Mullen – 4½ stars
- The Best Possible Answer by E. Katherine Kottaras – 4 stars
As you can see, I had a great month, in terms of ratings. Despite that, I have a solid favorite. Just one. You can probably guess it… Crooked Kingdom! It was just so perfect, and it left me heartbroken and in denial that the duology was over. SO OF COURSE IT’S MY FAVORITE. 😛
This means I’ve read a total of 94 books, out of my goal of 100. I’M SO CLOSE. (Although, technically, one of those books is in my wrap up for this month…) And if I remember correctly, I’m 11 ahead on my Goodreads challenge. Possibly 12, but I think it’s only 11. Either way, I don’t know how it happened but I’m happy it did. 😉
I NEED TO READ 6 MORE BOOKS TO MEET MY GOAL. *dances* (I can do that this month, I think. I hope.)
Unfortunately I was only able to post 5 things, other than reviews. 😐
- My Monday Musings #11 – I Ditch a Dance for the Dregs
- My Monday Musings #12 – Forbidden Romances and Love Triangles
- My Monday Musings #13 – I Return From My Unplanned Mini Hiatus
- My Monday Musings #14 – Possibly My Shortest Post Yet (Not By Choice)
- My Monday Musings #15 – Happy Halloween! (And Other Things)
And as you can see, there hasn’t been a lot of variation. I’m not thrilled about having my posts being so repetitive, but I’m just glad I’ve gotten back into the swing of my posting routine. 🙂
My goal for this month is to get more variety into my posts, because I have drafts saved. I just need to write them and post them…
ALSO. A few days ago I was on my website, I think making sure everything looked right in my recent post, and I noticed something very shocking and amazing. I’M 1 AWAY FROM 200 FOLLOWERS HERE ON WORDPRESS. Numbers don’t matter to me, but I was very happy and surprised to see the milestone so close.
So, I’m proud to say this… I only got 2 books this month! (You should be, too, hahah.)
- The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead – courtesy of Social Book Co., specifically their review program.
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter – this came in the October Owlcrate! (I don’t think this would be a spoiler, since you must have yours already… unless you have horrible luck with mail.)
I think this is the hardest part of my wrap up, just because not a lot of interesting things happen in my daily life. XD
- My life has been consumed by school. Well, no, that’s not right. My life has been consumed by my research paper. I started writing it yesterday and am close to being halfway done with my rough draft. Now that I’m doing it, it seems easier than I thought it would be. However, my nerves have now focused on the 6-7 minute speech I have to give in about a week and a half. SPEECHES ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. 🙂
- I’m sort of kidding. But not really. 😉
- My YouTube channel has faded into nothing again, because I don’t have time to film and edit videos. As you know, I can barely keep up with my blog, so I’ll have to try to film some videos over my Thanksgiving break.
- And on that note, I HAVE THANKSGIVING BREAK IN 3 WEEKS. 5 days off, and then when I get back after that, I have 3 weeks until the end of first semester. Granted, that means finals, aka the most stressful part of school, but after that… CHRISTMAS BREAK. 2 GLORIOUS WEEKS OFF. Can you tell I’m ecstatic? 😀
- #WinterIsComing and unfortunately, not the fabulous finale to The Lunar Chronicles like last year. This time it means cold weather and no dresses or flip flops. I mean, it’s been warmer than usual where I am for this time of year, but it’s still coming. Although this past weekend I got a bunch of cute, comfy, patterned leggings and I think I can survive winter with them. *-*
- Have I mentioned I’m 98% sure I’m the only person in the book community (possibly in the world, hahah) that isn’t psyched for Christmas? I mean, I am, but not right now. My focus now is my next break, and on December 1 I’ll blast holiday music and put up lights and do all the festive things. 😉
- Okay, so I’ve said a lot more than I thought I had to say. In all seriousness, though, in the last few MMM posts I’ve written, I’ve mentioned being in an emotional slump. I’m okay, but it doesn’t seem to want to go away. I don’t plan on going into detail here, because this blog is my happy spot on the Internet, but I thought I’d mention it. I don’t really know why. But this is a life update section, so…
- I’m out of things to say.
I have hope that November will be better. I have big plans for this weekend, and I just think this month will be more positive. That’s the mindset to have, isn’t it? 🙂
I don’t really have a TBR for this month.
- Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes – I plan to start reading this tomorrow. It’s the third book in the Falling Kingdoms series.
- Until I Die by Amy Plum – I’ll be reading this next. It’s the sequel to Die for Me.
Other than those two, I’m hoping to continue/finish some series. Hopefully the books I want will be available at a library, either the one at my school or my local one. 😉
If possible, I’ll try to read some books I didn’t get to last month: The Hammer of Thor, Furthermore, Bright Smoke Cold Fire, Three Dark Crowns… and I’m going to try to get my hands on a copy of Heartless, as well as Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy.
And that wraps up this wrap up! (I’m so punny.) XD
How many books did you read in October? How many did you buy? Did anything interesting happen? What do you hope to read this month? What release are you most anticipating in November? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I’m off to… I don’t know. Get ready to sleep, and possibly play some Super Mario 3D World. 😛 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…