Hi guys! I’m here with another fairly long monthly wrap up, so get comfy and we’ll get started. 🙂
I did also want to say, before I got started, that I’m sorry for not posting on Wednesday! I had plenty of ideas but no inspiration to write, and didn’t want to post anything less than my best. *-*
I managed to read 8 books this month, and that makes me happy. 😀
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout – 3.5 stars
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas – 5 stars (and my longest review yet, at almost 2.1k words!)
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han – 4.5 stars
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – 3 stars
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – 5 stars
This means I’ve read 84/100 books for my Goodreads goal. I’m 84% done and (somehow) 10 books ahead of schedule. *dances*
DON’T ASK ME TO PICK A FAVORITE BECAUSE I CAN’T.
Excluding reviews, I posted 6 things this month. I’ve done better, but I’m still happy with that number, considering my homework has been piling up all month. 😉
- From August to September
- My Monday Musings #7 – 3 Days Off to Party!
- 7 Books That Disappointed Me
- My Monday Musings #8 – Two Books & Too Much Homework
- My Monday Musings #9 – 1 Year and 250 Posts Later…
- My Monday Musings #10 – Much on My Mind
So if I were to make a blogging goal for October, it would be to expand my regular posts beyond reviews and MMMs. XD
I got a grand total of 4 books this month. 😀
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead – To feed my addiction. That’s the only reason, to be honest. 😛
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead – See above. ↑
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas – …does this need an explanation? XD
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – This came in the September Owlcrate, to go with the theme “darkness.” It’s also the only one of these four I haven’t read yet. 😉
Library books are excluded.
(*tries to think of interesting things to bring up*)
- School has consumed my life, basically. It’s what happens when you take honors classes and a language. *shrugs*
- I started making videos for my channel (linked below) again, and am going to try to do that more regularly like I was before.
- I’ve been having a rough couple of weeks. I’m okay, but I’ve just been having a bit of a tough time with a lot of things. >.<
- I realized just how much fun school pep rallies are. (Even if they’re for things I don’t go to, like sports games and homecoming.)
And that’s about it. I’m not sure if that interests any of you, but that’s what my life has been, haha. 😛
To say my TBR for October is ambitious is an understatement, but I’m going to try to read all of these. 😉
(Emphasis on “try.”)
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith – A fluff book. I’m curious to see what the hype surrounding her books is about!
- Die for Me by Amy Plum – It’s been on my TBR for a while. No idea what’s it’s about, other than two sisters and possibly something paranormal. But it’s set in Paris, and that’s what’s important. XD
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – If all goes well I’ll get a copy of this tomorrow, but regardless I got it from my school library today. It was in the box of books that arrived just this afternoon, and I’d told my librarian about it enough during my aid period that she held it for me. 😀
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski – A brand new copy is on hold for me at my school library! I’m so excited to continue with this trilogy.
- Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes – See above. ↑ It’s just a series, rather than only a trilogy. 😉
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – I was debating whether or not to get this one from the library, but since it came in my Owlcrate I’ve decided to go for it. The synopsis sounds really cool!
- Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan – Another RR book! More sassy boys and talking swords and mythology! What’s not to love? 😀
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi – I’ll be requesting this at my school library next. It’s gotten glowing reviews, I’ve heard it’s fun and whimsical, and I love Shatter Me… so gimme, gimme! 😛
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge – This is apparently a fantasy retelling of Romeo and Juliet. I despised the play when I read it for school back in May, but I loved Cruel Beauty by this author so I’m going to give it a shot. I’ll also see about requesting this at my school library too. 😉
So yeah… I have no idea if I’ll manage to read all of these, but I hope to, so I’ll try to. That’s all I can do, right? 😉
And that wraps up this post!
How many books did you read this month? How are you doing on your Goodreads goal? Did you buy any books? Did anything interesting happen to you? Which books do you hope to read in October? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I’m off to continue reading Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. My goal is to finish it tonight so I can add one more last minute book to my wrap up, and then write my review tomorrow. 😉 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…