Hi guys! Today I have for you my (very generalized) August wrap up and September TBR. 🙂
This is most likely going to be a longer post, so get comfy and let’s dive in! 😉
I read a total of 10 books this month, which I’m really happy with, considering I also started school. 😉
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – 5 stars
- Frostbite by Richelle Mead – 4½ stars
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – 3 stars
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – 5 stars
- Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger – 5 stars
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard – 3½ stars
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows – 3½ stars
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead – 5 stars
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – 5 stars
This means I’ve read 75 books toward my Goodreads goal of 100, so I’m 75% done. 🙂
I did better in this area this month – I posted 8 things that weren’t reviews! *confetti*
- My Monday Musings #2 – Noah Shaw and The End of Summer
- Lyrics and Literature – Are They Good or Bad Together?
- My Monday Musings #3 – Endings Are Bittersweet
- My 10 All-Time Favorite Series!
- My Monday Musings #4 – Changes to Come
- The Happiness Tag!
- My Monday Musings #5 – School, Souls, and Braces Too
- 7 Books That Surprised Me
Given the considerably lower amount of free time I had these last couple of weeks, I’m pretty proud of this. 😀
I’m also legitimately proud of the fact that I only obtained 2 books this month. 😀
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead – I went to Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago, right after finishing Shadow Kiss, and just had to get this so I could continue the series ASAP. 😉
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – This came in the August Owlcrate. I’m really happy about this one, because I haven’t read any books by Kasie and am excited to give her work a try! 🙂
I’m not counting library books, because I don’t keep those. 😉
I can only think of 3 things that are really worth mentioning. *shrugs*
- I got a pink streak in my hair! I went on and on about this in one of my MMM posts, and the short version is that it’s my first experience with hair dye and I absolutely love it. 😀
- I started school again. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m in 4 honors classes, French 1, the school’s girl choir, and library aid. I’ve also talked about library aid in one of my MMM posts, and the short story is I spend an hour in the library every day helping out and chatting with the librarian. It’s my favorite part of school. XD
- This last one is depressing, but it did affect me this month so I’ll mention it briefly. The 20th was the 2 year anniversary of having to put my dog Lily down. 😦
So yeah – something fun, something meh, and something sad… a balanced month? I don’t know. But for the most part, August was a good month, so I just won’t dwell on the not-so-much parts. 🙂
My TBR for September is kind of ambitious, but I’ll try my best to get to them all.
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas – and whatever I might be reading when my pre-order shows up on the 6th will be temporarily dropped. Can you expect anything else from me? XD
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead – I need this like I need air. ❤
- Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger – I’m excited to see where this series goes next! 😀
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han – A contemporary like this one will be necessary after everything else I read. 😛
- White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Cheesy cover, yes, but I’m hoping I’ll love it as much as I love Lux! 😉
- Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I’m not sure what this is about, honestly, but I’m excited. *shrugs*
- Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout – see above. 😉
I’m hoping to get Furthermore from the library at some point, because I really want to read that in September. I also want to read Crooked Kingdom and Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, but those don’t come out until the end of the month so they’ll be on my October TBR*. 😉
*Look at me, planning ahead. I’m so organized.
Not really, but we’re going to glaze over that. 😛
And that wraps up this post!
How many books did you read this month? How are you doing on your Goodreads goal? Did you buy any books? Did anything interesting happen to you? Which books do you hope to read in September? I’d love to know! Tell me in the comments! 🙂
I’m off to read. 🙂 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…