Hi guys! Today I’m bringing you my July wrap up and my August TBR. I’m not going to ramble much, because this is most likely going to be a very long post. So get comfy, and let’s get into it! 😉
Watch my July wrap up and August TBR video here. 🙂
This month I read 11 books, and I’m really happy about that. 😀
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – 5 stars
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen – 4 stars
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – 5 stars
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – 3 stars
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes – 5 stars
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – 4 stars
- Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember – 5 stars
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs – 5 stars
- The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa – 2 stars – DNF
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor – 3½ stars
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu – 3 stars
This makes 65 books read so far this year, so I’m 65% through my Goodreads goal of 100 books. I’m also 7 books ahead of schedule. 🙂
Not counting reviews, I posted a jaw-dropping total of 5 things this month. XD *claps*
- Sorting Characters into Hogwarts Houses!
- Mid-Year Reading Progress!
- My Monday Musings #1 – Seraphim vs Splatoon (And Other Distractions)
- Top Ten Tuesday #5 – Things Books Have Inspired Me To Do
- Summer Lovin’ Book Tag!
I would love to say I’ll do better next month, but I’m not sure because I start school soon. I’ll try my best, though! 😉
I was a good girl. After the crazy hauls I had in May (BookCon) and June (my birthday), I only got 3 books this month. 😀
- Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember – I was sent an e-book copy of this for review.
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – I was sent an ARC of this by Penguin as my first prize for winning B&N Teen Fest.
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – I got this in the July Owlcrate.
I didn’t buy any of these, and I’m proud of myself. 😀
A few things I think are worth mentioning have happened this month.
- I went school shopping, because my first day is in about 2½ weeks. I get my schedule soon, and honestly I’m not sure what to think. -.-
- I got addicted to Yoshi’s Woolly World and it became the second game that I’ve played instead of reading. *shrug* It’s fun. What else can I say? XD
- I redesigned my blog. I actually did this 2-3 times, but the most recent time was this past Friday, the 29th. I’m kind of in love with my new design, and I plan to stick with it for a while. I also started making graphics. 😀 (It’s easiest to see on a computer, but if you’re on your phone, I think tilting it sideways works too.)
- I modified my rating system. It’s kind of math-y and I don’t do math on Sundays, so if you’re curious you can check out my rating guide. 😉
- The 17th was my 1-month anniversary of having my Booktube. If I’m not active here, I’m active over there! 🙂
That’s all I can think of. I’m not super interesting, but I like talking about more than books sometimes. 😉
I have a small TBR for August.
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – I actually started this one last night. I’m 30-something pages in and I already love it. I could finish it today but I probably won’t which is why I’m not putting it on my wrap up. 😉
- Frostbite by Richelle Mead – I read and loved Vampire Academy in June and can’t wait to see where the story goes. I’m a bit nervous about the possibility of Rose and Dimitri’s romance because the age difference disturbs me, but I’m excited nonetheless. 😉
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – I read and adored Illuminae in June as well and can’t wait to see where the trilogy goes next. 😀
I’m sure I’ll read more than this, though. I’ll be going to the library once I’ve read these 3, and I don’t know what I’ll find. 😉
And that wraps up this post!
How many books did you read this month? How are you doing on your Goodreads goal? Did you buy any books this month? Did anything interesting happen to you this month? Which books are you hoping to read in August? I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m off to play more of Yoshi’s Woolly World and read more of The Evolution of Mara Dyer. 😀 I hope you all have a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…
Come visit me! 😀