Hi guys! I’ve seen a lot of mixed things about the Goodreads reading challenge (10 behind, 10 ahead, done, etc) and thought I’d share my own progress with you today. 🙂
To find these stats, go to Goodreads → my books → stats → 2016. You need to be in either a phone browser or on a computer to get there.
My goal was originally 130, but then the second semester of school happened and I was falling behind, so I bumped it down to 100.
(#booknerdproblems) I’m currently at 54 out of 100 books, and 4 books ahead of schedule. I’m confident I’ll complete it, but if I do, I’m not going to bump it up. 😉
Of the 54 books I read, I DNFed 7. >.<
From most recent — titles linked to reviews:
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich (ARC)
- The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone (ARC)
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
On a happier note, though, I’ve been fairly generous with ratings with the 47 I did finish. I gave:
- 25 books 5 stars
- 11 books 4 stars
- 6 books 3 stars
- 4 books 2 stars
- 1 book 1 star
Most of the 5 star books are new favorites, but instead of listing them all, here are my top five. 😉
For the record, picking only 5 was really hard. But anyway, from most recent — titles linked to reviews:
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (ARC)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
(obviously it’s on here)
- Crossing The Line by Meghan Rogers (ARC, but out now)
So overall, I think I’m doing pretty well! I’m happy with my progress, and hopeful I’ll be able to maintain it when school starts up again! 😀
Finally, here are my reading goals for the rest of the year:
- Read more hyped books. I’ve been doing well with this so far, so by the end of the year I’m hoping to be close to, or entirely, caught up. 🙂 For example, I want to read: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, These Broken Stars, Falling Kingdoms, Delirium, Between Shades of Gray, Salt to the Sea, A Darker Shade of Magic, Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Since You’ve Been Gone, Wolf by Wolf, and Dorothy Must Die, to name a few.
- Finish series. I’m working on this, and I want to finish a handful of series before the year is over. 🙂 Specifically, I want to finish: the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy (#3), the Miss Peregrine’s trilogy (#3), The Iron Fey series (#2-4), The Selection series (#2-5), The Young Elites trilogy (#2-3), the Tiger Saga (#2-5), the Vampire Academy series (#2-6), and The Winner’s Trilogy (#2-3).
And that wraps up this post!
How are you doing on your Goodreads challenge? What are some of your favorite books you’ve read this year? What are your reading goals for the rest of the year? I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m off to eat breakfast and finish Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. My review should be up tomorrow. 😉 I hope you’re all having a fabulous day/night! ❤
Until next time…
Come visit me! 😀