Hi guys! Can you believe it’s April already? 7 WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL.
That’s 7 too many, in my opinion, but anyway…
This post will be split into two parts — books read and books acquired. There won’t be a blog section (15 posts this month) or a life section, because I haven’t done anything really interesting and won’t until BookCon next month. 😉
So without further
rambling ado, here’s my wrap-up!
Between the week I took to read Lady Midnight and midterms, I only read 7 books this month. I’m happy with that, though, because I still found time to read. 😉 My reviews were, once again, very mixed.
1. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir — 3½ out of 5 stars
2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart — DNF — 1¼ out of 5 stars
3. Lady Midnight [ARC] by Cassandra Clare — 5 out of 5 stars
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs — 4¾ out of 5 stars
5. The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas — 5 out of 5 stars
6. Crossing The Line [ARC] by Meghan Rogers — 5 out of 5 stars
7. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black — DNF — 2½ out of 5 stars
Between my three five-star reads, I honestly can’t pick a favorite.
This puts me at 22% for my Goodreads challenge, or 28 out of 130 books. 🙂
I acquired 8 books this month! So far, 2016 has been a big book-buying splurge. 😀 This month probably won’t be
(although I’ve gotten 2 already), because BookCon is next month and my birthday is in June. ⭐
1. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (The Dark Artifices #1) — I won an ARC box via the Shadowhunters Twitter page the week before it was released. [read] 😀
2. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black — I got this the day I met Cassie because Holly and Sarah Rees Brennan were there too. [read]
3. The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare & Holly Black (Magisterium #1) — I bought this the day I met Cassie, too. [read]
4. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan (Lynburn Legacies #1) — I also bought this the day I met Cassie. [currently reading]
5. Crossing The Line by Meghan Rogers (The Raven Files #1) — I was sent an ARC by an imprint of Penguin Teen. [read] 😀
6. Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck (The Tiger Saga #1) — I got this with the $45 gift card to Barnes & Noble I got for Easter. [unread]
7. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and The French Kiss #1) — I got this with my B&N gift card too. [read]
8. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) — I also got this with my B&N gift card. I think I was most excited about this because one of the two B&N stores in my area stopped carrying this (???) so I wasn’t expecting to find it. 😀 [unread]
And that’s all for now! My April TBR should be up tomorrow. 🙂
How many books did you buy in March? How many did you read? What was your favorite? I’d love to know! 🙂
I’m going to read a bit more of Unspoken and have some chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. Good night guys! 😀
Until next time…