Hi guys! I’m eager to get farther than 1½ pages into my ARC of Crossing The Line, but I wanted to post something other than a review for you guys. I really liked this week’s TTT topic, so here we go! 🙂
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke & The Bookish, and this week’s topic is books you love but don’t talk about. For me, that means any of my favorites that aren’t Throne of Glass, The Shadowhunter Chronicles, or The Lunar Chronicles. XD
So without further ado, let’s get started!
I think I like saying that too much.
This is in no specific order. || Titles linked to Goodreads.
1. The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter – It’s an amazing modern retelling of the Persephone myth. It’s fun and unpredictable, and the mythology is woven in so well.
2. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – It’s a cute, fun contemporary set in France, and with a bunch of awesome characters and French cuisine.
3. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – It’s an intense, dark retelling of Beauty and The Beast. There’s a cool dystopian world and, if I remember correctly, an interesting scientific twist.
4. Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan – It’s an amusing, adventurous take on Greek mythology. This series was one of two that really got me into reading.
5. Anomaly by Tonya Kuper – It’s a really cool take on modern sci-fi (yes, that’s a thing), with a great nerdy lead and understandable physics.
6. Control by Lydia Kang – It’s a sort of dystopian sci-fi with “freaky” powers and a classic good vs evil fight, with a side of unsure romance.
7. Across The Universe by Beth Revis – It’s a cool, unique sci-fi with space travel, cryogenics, and a side of mystery.
8. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – It’s a fantasy about angels and demons, but with a lot of twists and a rocky forbidden romance.
9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – It’s an epic dystopian about a timid girl with deadly powers and a love triangle featuring two alpha males.
10. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton – It’s a classic coming-of-age story about the very real battle between popular kids and outcasts with a touch of suspense and a heartbreaking ending.
And that’s all for now!
Do you love any of these books too? What books did you include on your TTT? I’d love to know! 🙂
I’ll be spending my day reading Crossing The Lines and getting distracted by the app Panda Pop. 😛
Until next time…