Hi guys! 😀 It’s my first recap of February and I kind of can’t believe it. How are we a month into 2016 already?! o.o
It’s weird: once again, I’m home on Wednesday. It’s not planned, I swear. 😛
Seriously though, it isn’t.
- Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
- given 4½ out of 5 stars; review here.
- Redwall by Brian Jacques
- given 3 out of 5 stars; review here.
- Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- given 5 out of 5 stars; review here.
I’m currently reading…
- Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- I’m a little over halfway done and I love it. I love Dawson and Beth’s relationship almost as much as Daemon and Katy’s. I also find it extremely amusing that Daemon is so frustrated that Dawson is in love with a human. Like, you’re going to be in the exact same place really soon, dude. Calm down. XD Goodreads here.
I want to read…
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- I’m eager to get back to Karou and Akiva. Have I mentioned how much I’m hoping they repair their relationship? Because I’m really hoping they do. 😛 Goodreads here.
So, like I mentioned already, I’m not at school today. I’m not sick, though – my area has gotten so much snow over the past day that school was cancelled yesterday and today. I’m not sure if I’ll be going tomorrow, honestly. But I’m definitely not complaining – I can read, blog, and eat chocolate. 😛
What else interesting has happened this week?
I claimed my blog on Bloglovin this morning. If you’re interested, you can follow it there. 🙂
At some point in the next week or two, I’ll be moving up to self-hosting my blog! I really thought about it, and after nearly five months of blogging, I’ve decided I wanted to take the next step. 😀
Oh, and I changed my blog design.
Again. I swear I’m sticking with this one.
I think I’m getting a copy of Stars Above today! It’s a bind-up of The Lunar Chronicles novellas and I’m so excited about it! It was only released yesterday and I’m happy I can get it so soon. 😀
Nothing else interesting has happened this week.
Moving on! 😉
So I haven’t had any really random, nonsensical thoughts that I want to share, but there is something that’s distracted me from reading this morning that I happen to love.
No, it’s not this blog or anything on my phone.
I’m mainly and primarily a bibliophile/bookworm/reader/whatever you want to call it, but I also enjoy playing some video games – Nintendo mainly, but also Minecraft on Xbox. My sister has been playing it this morning and now I have a strong urge to play it, but I also really want to finish Shadows.
I get distracted too easily, I know. Don’t we all? Especially if it’s shiny… or has glitter. Or is that last one just me…? See, this is exactly what I mean.
I don’t play with anyone else, I just wander around, collect things, mine, and build big houses that end up half-built because I want to read. 😛 I don’t play on survival mode (where the monsters come out at night and the challenge is to survive) because I
am a scaredy-cat prefer relaxed gaming.
Basically, this is my train of thought
(does that make anyone else think of Inside Out?):
Books > Minecraft. I’m reading an awesome book. I want to finish my book. In Minecraft I can build and destroy anything I want. I can have a diamond sword. I want a diamond sword. But is a book > a diamond sword? Decisions, decisions.
Okay, I’m going to stop here. You probably get the idea. 😉
Do you like Minecraft?
That’s all for this recap! I’ll probably divide the rest of my day between Shadows and Minecraft. 😀
Has anything interesting/funny/weird happened to you this week? What are you currently reading? I’d love to know! 🙂