Thanks so much to my friend Mariana (fireheartbooks) for nominating me! 😀
Hi guys! I have a lot of post ideas piling up and plenty of free time, so I thought I’d do this award/tag before I forgot. Let’s get into it! 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their blog
- Put the award logo on your blog (my theme doesn’t allow pictures so I can’t do this)
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 blogs
- What are your favourite bands/singers? Taylor Swift and Bea Miller! 😀
- Do you celebrate Christmas? If so, what’s your fondest Christmas memory? Yes, and my fondest memory was back in 2012. We had just gotten a puppy a month before (he was about 10 weeks), so it was his first Christmas. It was so much fun watching him waddle and stumble around sniffing everything! ❤
- What’s the best book you read this year so far? I’m supposed to choose? This year I’ve read the entirety of Throne of Glass, The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Shatter Me, The Lunar Chronicles, and started Lux and Grisha! They’re all positively amazing! I can’t choose just one. And there’s a bunch more I just can’t remember. XD
- What are your favourite tv shows? I don’t really watch tv, but I’m looking forward to Shadowhunters so I’ll go with that. 😉
- Did you set yourself a reading goal this year? If so, did you reach it? I didn’t, only because I just joined Goodreads in June or July. But my 2016 goal is to read all 225 books on my TBR! I probably won’t reach that, but I’m going to give it my all. 😉
- What are your top 3 writers? I’ve read so many amazing books/series by so many equally amazing authors. This is so hard! I think, at the moment, I have to go with Sarah J. Maas, Cassandra Clare, and Jennifer L. Armentrout. Rick Riordan and the authors of the other series I mentioned in #3 are all really close behind, though. ❤
- Is there any song that really reminds you of a book character? The first thing that popped into my head was I’m Sexy and I Know It for Daemon from Lux. XD I’m dying laughing right now. I don’t know where that came from but yeah.
- Do you have/want any pets? I have four- a large dog named Tucker, a crazy kitten named Ember, an old cat named Ziggy, and a very messy parakeet named Amber. ❤ XD
- Top 5 books/series you would like to read next year? The 5th Wave and Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, because both have movies being released next year. I HAVE 25 DAYS TO GET AND READ THE 5TH WAVE OMG…sorry. Anyway. I also really want to read A Court of Thorns and Roses before the sequel comes out, and The Assassin’s Blade because it’s the only one in the series I haven’t read yet. And I’d like to read Isla and The Happily Ever After, because I’d like to finish the trilogy. 🙂
- Have you ever met an author? If so, share your story. Yes, three! On October 29th I met Rainbow Rowell, bought Eleanor & Park and Fangirl, got those and Carry On signed/personalized, and got a picture taken with her. That was my first author event, and then on November 21st I met Tonya Kuper and Lydia Kang. I’d read and loved Tonya’s book Anomaly about two months before, and we’d been talking on Instagram and Twitter. I hadn’t read Lydia’s book Control though. They were having the event together because they’re great friends. I walked up to their table and Tonya recognized me and squealed. We hugged and Lydia hugged me too. I bought Control and then both books were signed and personalized. I got a bookmark for each book and then some fun Anomaly pins. I talked to them for two hours, and it was so easy to talk to them. I had so much fun, and as a bonus, Lydia said she’d send me an extra ARC of Catalyst (the sequel to Control) laying around, and Tonya promised she’d send me an ARC of Enigma (the sequel to Anomaly) once it was finished (and both would be personalized). It was so much fun! 😀 *pictures of me at both events are on my Instagram (linked on sidebar) and I wrote a post about meeting Tonya and Lydia*
That was really long, and some questions were really hard. Nice questions, Mariana. 😀
Emily (Emily Talks About Books)
I know that’s not ten people, but everyone else I know here has already done this. So I’m just tagging these three. 🙂
- What are the top 5 books on your TBR?
- Are there any songs that remind you of book characters?
- What’s your biggest bookish pet peeve? Your biggest non-bookish pet peeve?
- Did you read any books this year that you didn’t like?
- What are your hobbies, other than reading and blogging?
- If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
- Do you celebrate Christmas? If so, what are you hoping to get this year?
- What are your 5 most anticipated book releases of 2016?
- What’s one random fact about you?
- Have you met any authors? If so, who?
Not very fun or original, but those are my questions. Also, I know I took a few from Mariana, but they’re really good and I want to see other peoples’ answers. 🙂
If you want to, feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments. 🙂
Until next time- Olivia ❤
*I just realized that I used a lot of smileys in this post. Haha, oops.*