Hi everyone! I just wanted to take some time to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and say that I hope you have an amazing day, whether you celebrate it or not. ❤
“Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” -unknown
“Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairy tale.” -Wale Ayeni
“There is always something to be thankful for.” -unknown
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -William Arthur Ward
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
“Give thanks for each new morning with it’s light, for rest and shelter for the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything thy goodness sends.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
I have many things to be thankful for in my life. ❤
- my family – I have an amazing, understanding, complete and functional family that supports me in everything I do.
- my health – I’m healthy right now, and I have a way to be treated if I do get sick.
- food to eat – I have plenty of food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks in between. I don’t know what going hungry is like.
- a house to live in – I have shelter from the natural elements and a place to come every day. I have a place to call home, and I’ve never known otherwise.
- clothes + shoes to wear – I have enough clothes to wear a different outfit every day for several weeks, and they all fit me properly.
- my education – I’ve received a good education since I was a child and I can continue receiving one if I choose to. I also have the ability to read and write.
- modern luxuries – I have access to heat, air conditioning, electricity, plumbing, and many other things that other people around the world don’t necessarily have.
- transportation – I don’t have to walk anywhere unless I want to.
- my books – I can purchase and collect books for my own enjoyment, and I can keep expanding my collection.
- my electronics – I have a phone and an iPod of my own, and access to a personal Nook and laptop.
- my pets – In my family, we’re managing so well that we can also take care of a dog and two cats and spoil them too.
- my blog and the friends I’ve made from it – I have the tools to create and maintain a blog and people are seeing it. Having this blog has allowed me to make several friends that share my love of books and other things.
I have so much in my life that others don’t have. The only thing I wish I could change is how I help others. I wish I could give more to people in need. But since I can’t, what I can do is be grateful for what I do have. Some people take things for granted and don’t realize how lucky they are to have everything they have. I don’t want to be like that; I want to stay grateful and remember what I have, rather than focus on what I don’t have and what I wish I had.
I hope you all have a great day, regardless of whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not. 🙂
Until next time- Olivia ❤